Apr 9, 2011

After-Prom Lock-in

(Submitted by Travis Jenkins)

I have never been a big fan of lock-ins. In fact, they drain all the energy out of an already worn out guy. Throw in the fact that occasionally lock-ins can be on Saturday night instead of Friday night means that I get to be a zombie on Sunday morning at church.

With all of the reservations I have about lock-ins I caved this year at the students request. This is how it went down: They begged and begged me to let them have a lock-in after prom. After all, the selling point was that they would be safe at the church instead of a field somewhere doing stuff they shouldn't. So yes, I am hosting a lock-in for the high school students after prom. The night is mostly consisting of games, movies, and lots of food. I did have students ask for a big midnight breakfast which is the only real "planning" thing that had to happen. I am hoping the lock-in goes off without a hitch. We'll see though.

If anyone has any ideas for lock-ins (besides not doing them...EVER)  please share them with us. If we are going to be stuck doing them we may as well have some good ideas for them to make them rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment